Cold Comfort England which took place on the 19th-20th May at Stoneleigh Park proved to be a huge success with it providing an excellent opportunity for Multihog UK to catch up with many existing customers including; Heathrow Airport, Oldham Council, Leeds City Council and Leicestershire County Council.
It also proved extremely useful for developing new relations and allowed the team to put faces to the many names they liaise with on a daily basis.
Multihog UK showcased 2 brand new Multihog MX machines at the event- with the external set up of the MX with Suction Sweeper and Patch Planer attachments proving to be of particular interest to many in attendance- with the team hosting a couple of rundown sessions on how this particular set up operates to tackle a permanent road repair.
The MX, Suction Sweeper & Planer has since been delivered to Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council (who also currently hire a Multihog MH90 with Planer) along with Plough and Gritter attachments, to assist with network recovery and enhance winter resilliance with the Multihog set up offering clear advantages to conventional methods, including:
- Lower CO2 emissions as less vehicles are required on site
- Cost savings as there are no requirement for an extra operator and suction unit on site
- Reduced traffic management as less vehicles/operators to cater for
- Increased productivity and reduced down time as the single machine can plane a defect then sweep immediately
- Improved health and safety with no risk of HAVS and less vehicles and operatives on siteYAll
26th May 2015, 12:38